Wednesday, June 24, 2020

They WILL Come For You

To paraphrase the famous quote from the German pastor and Holocaust survivor Martin Niemoller:

-In the West they first came for statues of “racist” figures – but I did not speak up because it did not concern me.

-Then they came for statues of Columbus and Washington and Jefferson and Captain Cook – but I did not speak up because these are just ‘old dead white men’.

-Then they came for religious statues and monuments – but I did not speak up because it is just ‘religion’.

-Then they came for Christian figures and stained-glass windows – but I did not speak up because it is just physical stuff.

-Then they came for churches and Christian institutions – but I did not speak up because ‘we are the church’.

-Then they came for Christians – but by then it was too late.


No comments: